Do you want to enhance your audio experience on your Windows PC and enjoy immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos? Here, we’ll walk you through the steps to install Dolby Atmos on Windows 10 or 11. Whether you’re using headphones, a home theater system, a Soundbar, or a TV, Dolby Atmos can elevate your audio experience to a new level.
- Download and install the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft Store on your PC.
- Make sure your headphones or other audio devices are Dolby Atmos compatible.
- Set up Dolby Atmos in the app and activate it in your PC’s sound settings.
- Customize your sound preferences in the Dolby Access app based on your liking.
- Dive into your movies, games, or music with an enhanced Dolby Atmos audio experience on your Windows PC.
How to Dolby Atmos Windows Windows 10, 11 Laptop
To install Dolby Atmos on your Windows 10 or 11 PC or laptop, download and install the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft Store, set up your audio device preferences, and activate Dolby Atmos in your PC’s sound settings for an enhanced 3D or spatial sound experience.
I’m excited to share this step by step guide with you, so let’s dive in!
Step 1: Install Dolby Access App
The first step to unlocking the power of Dolby Atmos on your Windows PC is to install the Dolby Access app. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store on your PC.
- Search for “Dolby Access” in the store.
- Download and install the Dolby Access app.
Step 2: Launch Dolby Access App
Once the Dolby Access app is installed, launch it and follow these steps:
- Click on “Open” to launch the app.
- Click on “Next” and then “Get Started.”
- If you wish, you can start a 7-day free trial. After the trial period, you can purchase Dolby Atmos for around $15.
- On the next screen, your default audio device will be automatically selected. If you’re using headphones, they will be displayed here.
Step 3: Set Up Dolby Atmos
If you’re using headphones, Dolby Atmos is ready to use. If you want to set up Dolby Atmos for a home theater system or Soundbar, follow these additional steps:
- Click on the “Home Theater” option in the Dolby Access app.
- Click on “Set Up.”
- Turn on your Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater or Soundbar and connect it to your PC via HDMI.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Note: For home theater or Soundbar setup, ensure your devices are Dolby Atmos compatible.
Step 4: Activate Dolby Atmos in Sound Settings
Activate Dolby Atmos in your PC’s sound settings with these steps:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on “System” and select “Sound.”
- Scroll down and click on “More sound settings.” This will open the sound control panel.
- On the “Playback” tab, right-click on your default audio device and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Spatial Sound” tab and choose “Dolby Atmos for headphones” from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Customize Sound Preferences
Go back to the Dolby Access app and access settings to customize your sound preferences. The app offers preset equalizers for games, movies, music, and voice. You can also create custom equalizer settings according to your preference.
Step 6: Confirm Dolby Atmos Activation
To check if Dolby Atmos is working, play your own content or use the demo content provided by the Dolby Access app.
You’re all set to enjoy the immersive Dolby Atmos experience on your Windows PC. Whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or listening to music, Dolby Atmos will transform your audio experience. Sit back, relax, and let Dolby Atmos take your audio to new heights.