Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by The Soft Best
The Best Free Apps to Identify Plants: Sometimes we do not realize that in the mobile app store, there are incredible and very curious apps that offer functions to our Smartphone that we would not even have imagined at first that it could have a device that can be used to make calls.
The Best Free Apps to Identify Plants to know the name of a song, apps to sing, or even use our mobile as a free pedometer.
These are clear examples of the use that can be given to your mobile phone, although there are some somewhat strange utilities like the one we are going to see below. For example, do you like nature and flowers? Well, they exist plant identification by photo. If you have read correctly, you will be able to recognize trees, flowers, and all kinds of plants through a photograph.
5 Best Applications to Identify Plants By Photos
I’m sure that on more than one occasion walking through the countryside, you have asked yourself:
|1||PlantNet Plant Identification||Android/iOS|
|2||PlantSnap – FREE plant identifier app||Android/iOS|
|3||Flora Incognita – automated plant identification App||Android/iOS|
|4||PictureThis: Identify Plant, Flower, Weed, and More||Android/iOS|
|5||Google Lens – Best Plant Detector||Android/iOS|
Wow, What plant is this?
Well, now you can download a plant identifier app with photos, so you can collect information on the flora of any place in an original and fun way.
1. PlantNet Plant Identification
If you need the best free plant identification app to recognize plants, PlantNet should be one of your first options since this application has very interesting features, which are the following:
Features Of This Plant Recognizer
- Plant finder by photos.
- App developed by a scientific project.
- Possibility to contribute your photo and your discovery to the project.
Download this Best Free app to Identify Plants from Google Play.
2. PlantSnap – FREE plant identifier app
As its name indicates, PlantSnap App is an app that allows you to identify trees, plants, and flowers through a photograph. Among its features are the following:
Features Of This Plant Detector
- Know the name of a plant, mushroom, cactus, tree, and flower through its photo.
- Database with more than 585,000 types of plants.
- Possibility of adding our own photos to the database.
- The algorithm learns and allows to recognition of more than 2000 species of plants every month.
Download This App To Recognize Plants Free3 This “Shazam for plants” can be yours for Free Apps to Identify Plants by downloading it from the Google Play application store.
3. Flora Incognita – automated plant identification App
Another very useful app to identify plants online is Flora Incognita, an easy and intuitive application. Its characteristics include the following:
Characteristics of Flora Incognita
- Plant recognition from your photo in seconds.
- It can identify more than 4800 kinds of species.
- Observation lists.
- Glossary of protection, toxicity, appearance, and distribution of the plant.
Download Flora Incognita Free. This app will help you to recognize plants, and you can download it for Free Apps to Identify Plants from the official application store.
4. PictureThis: Identify Plant, Flower, Weed, and More
This app allows us to identify free plants with photos very quickly since it has the help of more than 30 million users who continually enrich the application’s database.
- Hit accuracy of more than 95%.
- Possibility of recognizing more than 10,000 types of plants, flowers, and trees.
- Tips for caring for plants.
- Possibility of sharing photos in the community.
- Registration personal collection of your own photos of plants, flowers, and trees.
You can download this free plant detector directly from the Play Store.
5. Google Lens – Best Plant Detector
How could it be otherwise? Google Lens could not be missing from this list since it is a very powerful plant recognition app using the big “G” and its Big Data algorithm. Thanks to this, we can recognize practically any object, thing, and of course, we can know which plant it is through its photo.
Google Lens Features
- Scan and translate texts.
- Identify plants and animals.
- Find things that are to your liking.
- Scan QR codes.
Download the best application to identify plants photos directly from Google Play.
Is PlantSnap plant identification app free?
You can now get PlantSnap for free on Android and iOS! Users of the free edition can obtain fast help to identify flowers, trees, and other plant pals.
What Google app can identify plants?
Google Lens, For Android users, Google Lens is accessible as a separate app. Meanwhile, Google Lens comes pre-installed on iPhones as part of the Google Photos program. The dedicated Google Lens is significantly more user-friendly. When you open the app, your phone’s full screen transforms into a camera lens.
Among the latest sensational software innovations from Google, the Google Lens service for Android devices makes an impression. The technology, presented to the public two years ago, is rapidly developing, improving, and offering more and more opportunities. Various applications were previously used to search for information about surrounding objects.
The same Google has already demonstrated a Google Goggles product, but implementing a new service that applies machine learning innovations has eclipsed its predecessors. Until recently, Google Lens was only a privilege of Google Pixel devices, and today software can be downloaded from the application store to smartphones of various models and brands.
What is Google Lens
The artificial intelligence system recognizes an object in a photograph in real-time and provides information on it on the Internet. The Google Lens photo processing technology analyzes the image on the device using computer vision algorithms, identifies various objects that the device’s camera has targeted, and then displays the relevant information on the screen. So, the function will be useful to many users, and there are many options for its use:
- Search for information about objects. You can get various information about places of interest, attractions, etc.
- Determination of plant and animal species. You can use Google Lens to recognize the names of flowers, dog breeds, and more.
- Search for items you like. The function allows you to search for similar or similar items without having to describe them.
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network. An automatic connection to the network will be performed when you point the smartphone camera at the router sticker with the network name and standard password.
- Identification by barcode. Search for information about products by recognizing their barcodes.
- Adding a business card. Saving contact data (phone, address).
- Working with text (translating the printed text into another language using the Google Assistant, copying, dialing, building a route, creating events in the calendar, and other options).
The Google Lens visual search application finds information on requests based on the user’s location, which improves the accuracy of the result and allows you to specify information down to geographic coordinates.
For example, take a photo of a store sign (or just point the camera at it, because now Google has added a function to the search application). Google Lens will tell you in detail about the direction of its activities, opening hours, location, and other details and share visitors’ reviews about this place. The artificial intelligence system is improving, and the more users shoot objects (including the same ones), the better the issuance results become. Google Lens support is available in apps:
- Google Photos (can be used on Android and iOS). To access the technology, you need to update the software to the latest version by installing Play Market or App Store updates.
- Google Assistant (a large number of device models with Android OS 6.0 and higher).
- Camera (function works on some Android devices).
Google Lens activation
To use this option, a prerequisite is to install the latest version of the application on an Android or iOS device. At the same time, Google Lens, available in several languages, does not yet support Russian. So, for the service to work, you must specify English as a system in the device settings:
- Go to the “Settings” menu for Android devices, select the “Language and keyboard” section, where we change the system language to English.
- For devices based on iOS, go to “Settings” – “General” – “Language and region” and in the “Language iPhone” block mark English, confirm the choice.
After these steps, we will get a working Google Lens, and the service will be enabled on the device and available in the Google Photos menu.
How to use the function on Android
Google Lens software is fairly easy to use. Let’s consider how to work with the service on Android devices:
- Open the Google Photos app on your smartphone.
- Select the image and click on the Lens icon.
- Depending on what we need to do, we choose an action.
Search for information about surrounding objects is performed as follows:
- Opening Lens on Android device:
- When using the Assistant, you can say “Ok Google” or hold down the button on the home screen. At the bottom right, click the Lens icon.
- For some devices that support the function, just open the stock “Camera” application, then press the “More” button in the form of three dots and select Google Lens.
If the service icon is missing, it means that the application was unable to find the corresponding information about the surrounding objects.
- We aim the camera at the object of interest and click on it on the smartphone display. To select the text, you need to click on the word, then touch it again and drag the blue dots.
- Press the microphone icon and ask a question (for example, “what is this?”) Or a command (“Add to Google Keep”).
If you need more information about the photo:
- Go to images.googe.com.
- Click on the found picture, then on the Lens icon.
- For more information, we perform the following actions:
- Recognized images. Click the white point or scroll down the page, click on the found image.
- Other images. With your finger or stylus, we circle the part of the picture about which you need to find out information; click on the found picture.
- To close Google Lens and return to search, click the corresponding cross-shaped icon.
You can view the history of performed manipulations and clear it in the “My actions” section. If you do not need to save history in the application, the option can be disabled.
How to use Google Lens on iPhone or iPad
You can use the Lens in the Google Photos app, and the service is not available in the Assistant or Camera. After you have downloaded the latest version of the software on your iOS device, you need to log in to your Google account (create it first if you do not have one). You can search for information about objects as follows:
- Open Google Photos on your iOS device.
- Click the Lens icon in the search bar.
- If the function has not yet been used, then you must click the “Turn on the camera” button.
- We aim the camera at the object of interest and click on the circle when it appears on the screen of the device.
- To use the service in the case of ready-made images, click on the icon with the camera at the top right and click “OK” to provide access, after which you can select the desired photo.
The principle of working with the application on an iPhone or iPad is the same as in the case of Android devices. Similarly, you can perform actions to obtain additional information about the object. If you need to disable Google Lens, you can do this in the device settings:
- We go to “Settings.”
- Select Google and use the switch next to the “Camera” item to deactivate the option.
- Click “Photo” and select “Never.”
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in working with the application, and even an inexperienced user can cope with the task.
This list of the best apps to recognize plants from photographs will continue to be updated as much as possible. Do not forget to share this article with your social networks, please. That would help me a lot to continue making more articles like this.