Know how to choose the right project management software for Small Businesses: As a small business owner, you have too much on your plate. This article is related to a summary of the best marketing project management software.
The management of multiple projects, social media, marketing, sales, integrated customers, and product innovation, all of them require your full attention.
How to Choose the Right Project Management Software for Small Businesses
Collaborating between teams can be difficult at any time, but when obstacles arise, it can be almost impossible. Traditional approaches to the best project management software are not effective. You need a powerful tool that is easy to understand that serves your purpose well, and that gets the support of your team.
We have it covered
In this guide, you will get all the information that will help you decide which is the best project management software for marketing for your business. We will quickly review the incredible benefits that the marketing project management software can offer you.
Advantages of using the project management software
Here are some of the benefits of software for marketing projects.
- They give you an overview of all your marketing activities, resulting in better control.
- The replacement of inefficient manual systems with project management software reduces operating costs.
- They help improve employee productivity, reduce errors, and improve coordination between departments and stakeholders. This results in better products and higher revenues.
- They make the delivery of your project efficient by allowing you to assign tasks, collaborating with your team members, facilitating the marketing process, and allowing you to obtain real-time information from customers.
- You can schedule resources for demanding tasks.
- Calculate the return on investment in different projects.
As a small business seller, you can be divided between digital marketing, content marketing, advertising, and public relations. You could also be dealing with many types of professionals, such as advertising agencies, graphic artists, social media experts, or sales associates.
Then, of course, you should strive to find the right project management software for the growth of your business. This project management software has different functionalities, pricing structure, and deployment.
So how to choose the right project management software that best suits your needs? It is better to do a self-audit of the requirements of your small business and then find the perfect fit. Let’s see how.
Key Considerations in Deciding the Best Marketing Project Management Software
One of your key considerations as a small business will be to invest in one that is low cost and at the same time offers all the main benefits.
Think of these points to understand your unique needs.
- You may not want your customers to have access to all resources, such as your internal team that manages marketing projects. You may want an external portal to collaborate with your customers.
- While marketing campaigns are taking place, many team members may be involved in the various stages of the review process. Do you want a solution that automatically resends the marketing material to the next phase and sends alerts to those responsible?
- If you use cloud storage such as Dropbox or Google Drive to store project assets, is the marketing project management solution integrated with these?
- Marketing software can be based on the cloud or on the premises. The software must also be able to run on Windows, Mac, or mobile devices if employees are going to use it on their laptops.
- If you are using freelancers for marketing work, can you set permissions to access certain information?
- Does the project management tool integrate with other software you are using, such as QuickBooks, CRM tools such as Salesforce, social media applications, and analysis tools?
How to evaluate the project management software
Now you should have a pretty good idea of how you will use the project management software.
Let’s delve into the functions currently available Give priority to those that are important to you and reduce your options. So let’s start.
The software must provide enough flexibility to divide a complex task or goal into manageable tasks that can be traced separately.
Dashboards that offer a complete overview
The dashboards must show the real-time status of their projects, processes, steps to follow, responsible people, deadlines, fees, and expenses. Dashboards are visual elements and must be customizable with charts and graphs.
Generate reports easily
Project managers need to generate many reports for management and auditing. Tools should come loaded with customizable report templates.
Deadlines for carrying out projects or tasks
The project roadmap must be full of tasks and deadlines. When marking tasks, the deadlines for your tasks will be updated automatically, and the next set of deadlines will be activated.
Email integration for direct update
The project management tool must have the flexibility to integrate with your emails so you can add comments, set deadlines, and update tasks directly from your email inbox.
Mobile application version for project tracking
If you want to check the status of your project on the fly, then a mobile version of the task management software should be available.
Perfect integration with existing tools
In addition to using the best marketing project management software for your small business, you will also use other software such as financial applications and CRM tools. Does this project management software integrate seamlessly with other software?
The more automated routine tasks are, the more efficient it will bring to the team. For example, once a workflow is completed, the approving authority must be notified automatically.
Does the price fit your budget? If the benefits outweigh the costs, then adopting the software is the right step. Most marketing programs come with a free trial period for you to test thoroughly.
Finally, do not forget to evaluate the product comments. They are one of the most valuable resources to know the pros and cons of any marketing software.
Your action steps
Therefore, if you run a small business, choose a Remote Access Software for Small Teams available in the market.
Now that you have a pretty good understanding of how this project management software can help you take your business to a rapid growth phase, it’s time to take action.
Assess the specific needs of your business and make an evaluation of the available platforms. Sign up for your free version of the best. If it makes your job easier, then continue using it. If not, go to the next one.
After trying some of them, you will know what best suits your needs and adapt it to your organization.